Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Curb Hops and Soda Pops

The original Wright's exterior - 1952

I have been traveling quite a bit the past few weekends, which has allowed me the opportunity to visit some of my all-time favorite roadside food joints.

Wright's Dairy-Rite in Staunton, Virginia, is right up there on the list. My family originally discovered this drive-in 1995 and I have stopped in as often as possible ever since.

According to their website:

Wright's Dairy Rite has been serving visitors and residents of Staunton for over 50 years. Wright's is an original Drive-In restaurant, and continues to offer quality, homemade food and delicious ice cream treats in a 1950's atmosphere.
I usually order the Carolina Burger (standard chili-cheese burger) with a side of onion rings and a shake, but you really can't go wrong with any of their featured items.
They host two classic car cruise-in events each year.




Paul calls in our order.

Wright's exterior - 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment