Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thrift Store Finds

Today I took a trip out to the Unique Thrift Store in Falls Church, VA. While I'm no stranger to the local flea markets it had been awhile since I had been to this particular store.

I think it was a pretty successful voyage.

A collection of Roger Miller's greatest hits and Howard Jones' first studio album. Price: $4.00.

A wooden snack dish (walnut?). I believe it is from the 1980's - perhaps older. The country-of-origin and materials inscription on the bottom has, unfortunately, worn away. Price: $.99.

The score of the day was this amazing vintage COSCO step stool. It's missing one of the rubber chrome foot covers, but with a little Brasso, a new vinyl seat, and perhaps a paint job this chair may become the envy of every 1950s housewife. Price: $9.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment