Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ready For The Weird?



A few years ago I read a small article in Rolling Stone magazine about an avante-garde/synth-rock band up in Pittsburgh called Black Moth Super Rainbow that had been making some waves in the local music scene. I purchased their third album, Dandelion Gum, fell in love with the sound, and worked my way through their back catalog. I had the chance to catch a live show last year here in Washington, DC and was blown away. BMSR is currently on hiatus as band members explore side projects.

On May 25th, Tobacco (songwriter and vocoder-man of BMSR) released his second solo album Maniac Meat, featuring vocals by Beck on two tracks, "Fresh Hex," and "Grape Aerosmith."

I haven't had the chance to listen to the entire album yet, but the two artsy videos below may throw your brain into sensory overload. The second should be viewed at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you:


TOBACCO - Grape Aerosmith (feat. Beck) Official Video.

Watch this next one at your own risk. No, seriously. It's NSFW:

TOBACCO - Super Gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment