Saturday, June 12, 2010

In Which Her Majesty Gets New Earrings


My new bar end mirrors arrived this week from Classic Motorworks. The package should have also included my ACE air canister but it is on back-order. They were only $16 each and are much more solidly constructed than the crappy Mickey Mouse ears that the bike came with.

The instructions were junk so I worked my way through this project on my own. All I had to do was carve out the excess rubber on the bar ends and tap the new mirrors into the empty socket. The right side mirror was more of a challenge as I first had to slide the brake and throttle controls down the bar to prevent the throttle from sticking on the mirror.

The left side mirror is a tad loose so I'll either go back in there with some blue loctite or wrap the inside with electrical tape.

The bike is coming around slowly but surely, although we're far from the "finish" line.

















No comments:

Post a Comment